English verb up [ʌp].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb up: Infinitive (up), Past Simple - (upped), Past Participle - (upped).
Forms of verb up in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb up in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of up.
Three forms of verb up
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of up?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) up in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - up. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - upped. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - upped. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of up?
The past tense of up is: up in past simple is upped. and past participle is upped.
What is the past tense of up?
The past tense of up is upped.
The past participle of up is upped.
Past simple — up in past simple upped.
Future simple — up in future simple up. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — up in present perfect tense upped. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — up in past perfect tense upped. (had + V3)
up regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is up an irregular verb?? up is regular verb.
Examples of Verb up in Sentences
- The blizzard is up (Present Simple)
- Can you turn up the radio? (Present Simple)
- Inflation is up by 3% (Present Simple)
- He has upped his price by 10%. (Present Perfect)
- Soon he upped and left. (Past Simple)
- We are upping our offer (Present Continuous)
- The company will up the costs (Future Simple)
- We are upping the production of new product (Present Continuous)
- They upped and ran away (Past Simple)
- She is upping her fees (Present Continuous)