The English verb 'vary' is pronounced as [ˈveri].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb vary: Infinitive (vary), Past Simple - (varied), Past Participle - (varied).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb vary
👉 Forms of verb vary in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of vary.
Vary: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb vary?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'vary'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'vary'
- the first form (V1) is 'vary' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'varied' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'varied' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of vary?
The past tense and past participle of vary are: vary in past simple is varied, and past participle is varied.
What is the past tense of vary?
The past tense of the verb "vary" is "varied", and the past participle is "varied".
Past simple — vary in past simple varied
Future simple — vary in future simple is vary (will + V1).
Present Perfect — vary in present perfect tense is varied (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — vary in past perfect tense is varied (had + V3).
vary regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'vary' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'vary' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb vary in Sentences
- Usually the program takes 2-3 megabytes, but the size may vary slightly. (Present Simple)
- The shades of the new packaging varied depending on the weather. (Past Simple)
- The emeralds can vary in size. (Present Simple)
- Opinions on this matter vary. (Present Simple)
- They will vary in their opinions. (Future Simple)
- My doctor said I should vary my diet more, because I don't eat healthy enough. (Present Simple)
- Stereotypes vary around the world. (Present Simple)
- The cost of a trip to the hotel varies with the season. (Present Simple)
- Cooking time will vary depending on the ripeness of the vegetables. (Future Simple)
- My mood varies depending on the weather. (Present Simple)