English verb vary [ˈveri].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb vary: Infinitive (vary), Past Simple - (varied), Past Participle - (varied).
Forms of verb vary in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb vary in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of vary.
Three forms of verb vary
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of vary?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) vary in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - vary. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - varied. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - varied. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of vary?
The past tense of vary is: vary in past simple is varied. and past participle is varied.
What is the past tense of vary?
The past tense of vary is varied.
The past participle of vary is varied.
Past simple — vary in past simple varied.
Future simple — vary in future simple vary. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — vary in present perfect tense varied. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — vary in past perfect tense varied. (had + V3)
vary regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is vary an irregular verb?? vary is regular verb.
Examples of Verb vary in Sentences
- Usually the program takes 2-3 megabytes, but the size may vary slightly. (Present Simple)
- The shades of the new packaging varied depending on the weather. (Past Simple)
- The emeralds can vary in size. (Present Simple)
- Opinions on this matter vary. (Present Simple)
- They will vary in their opinions. (Future Simple)
- My doctor said I should vary my diet more, because I don't eat healthy enough. (Present Simple)
- Stereotypes vary around the world. (Present Simple)
- The cost of a trip to the hotel varies with the season. (Present Simple)
- Cooking time will vary depending on the ripeness of the vegetables. (Future Simple)
- My mood varies depending on the weather. (Present Simple)