English verb wake up [weɪk ʌp].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb wake up: Infinitive (wake up), Past Simple - (woke up), Past Participle - (woken up).
Forms of verb wake up in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb wake up in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wake up.
Three forms of verb wake up
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|wake up [weɪk ʌp]||
woke up [woke ʌp]
woken up [wəʊkən ʌp]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of wake up?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) wake up in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - wake up. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - woke up. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - woken up. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of wake up?
The past tense of wake up is: wake up in past simple is woke up. and past participle is woken up.
What is the past tense of wake up?
The past tense of wake up is woke up.
The past participle of wake up is woken up.
Past simple — wake up in past simple woke up.
Future simple — wake up in future simple wake up. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — wake up in present perfect tense woken up. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — wake up in past perfect tense woken up. (had + V3)
wake up regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is wake up an irregular verb?? wake up is .
Examples of Verb wake up in Sentences
- When I woke up she was gone (Past Simple)
- I found your address when I woke up (Past Simple)
- When I woke up, I was lying on the bed (Past Simple)
- He's already waking up (Present Continuous)
- And I woke up on the stretcher (Past Simple)
- The press has been hounding me since I woke up (Present Perfect)
- I hope, when she wakes up she will have gone through something (Present Simple)
- If she doesn't wake up I'm done for (Present Simple)