The English verb 'wall' is pronounced as [wɔːl].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb wall: Infinitive (wall), Past Simple - (Walled), Past Participle - (Walled).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb wall
👉 Forms of verb wall in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wall.
Wall: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb wall?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'wall'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'wall'
- the first form (V1) is 'wall' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'Walled' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'Walled' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of wall?
The past tense and past participle of wall are: wall in past simple is Walled, and past participle is Walled.
What is the past tense of wall?
The past tense of the verb "wall" is "Walled", and the past participle is "Walled".
Past simple — wall in past simple Walled
Future simple — wall in future simple is wall (will + V1).
Present Perfect — wall in present perfect tense is Walled (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — wall in past perfect tense is Walled (had + V3).
wall regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'wall' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'wall' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb wall in Sentences
- They walled all the free passages (Past Simple)
- It walled off an area of about a quarter of a mile or more. (Past Simple)
- In the process of hunting, the Indians usually walled off certain areas, drove their prey there, and killed it. (Past Simple)
- A little further away, walling a small pasture, are collapsible dwellings made of camel skins, resembling yurts. (Present Simple)
- Fences, the most characteristic feature of the landscape, stood between houses and barns, or even simply walled off vacant lots, which must have been intended as building sites or vegetable gardens. (Past Simple)
- As he flew closer, he could see the high fence that walled off the island. (Past Simple)
- This time the defender began to wall up his defenses, while the advancing one feverishly drew up his forces to crush them. (Past Simple)
- Naturally, such flying assistants further walled up the power of the emperors and raised the respect of their subjects to exorbitant levels. (Past Simple)
- Physical exercise walls the body, concentration strengthens the mind. (Present Simple)
- These circumstances did not undermine the determination of the Soviet leadership to preserve the alliance of the war years, the desire to continue to wall Soviet-American ties. (Past Simple)