English verb wear [wɛə].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb wear: Infinitive (wear), Past Simple - (wore), Past Participle - (worn).
Forms of verb wear in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb wear in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wear.
Three forms of verb wear
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of wear?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) wear in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - wear. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - wore. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - worn. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of wear?
The past tense of wear is: wear in past simple is wore. and past participle is worn.
What is the past tense of wear?
The past tense of wear is wore.
The past participle of wear is worn.
Past simple — wear in past simple wore.
Future simple — wear in future simple wear. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — wear in present perfect tense worn. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — wear in past perfect tense worn. (had + V3)
wear regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is wear an irregular verb?? wear is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb wear in Sentences
- What I can wear tonight? (Present Simple)
- These jeans has worn out (Present Perfect)
- She used to wear her hair short (Past Simple)
- Maybe she should wear a little green eye shadow (Present Simple)
- I really like this jacket but it's starting to wear at the sleeves (Present Continuous)
- Look, our tyres are beginning to show wear (Present Continuous)
- I can recommend oil that reduces wear on the engine (Present Simple)
- A suit that no one wore before (Past Simple)
- Unless that wore her husband out already (Past Simple)
- I don't say that I will wear it. (Future Simple)