English verb wear down [weə daʊn].
Relate to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb wear down: Infinitive (wear down), Past Simple - (wore down), Past Participle - (worn down).
Forms of verb wear down in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb wear down in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wear down.
Three forms of verb wear down
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|wear down [weə daʊn]||
wore down [wore daʊn]
worn down [wɔːn daʊn]
What is 2nd and 3rd form of wear down?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) wear down in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - wear down. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - wore down. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - worn down. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of wear down?
The past tense of wear down is: wear down in past simple is wore down. and past participle is worn down.
What is the past tense of wear down?
The past tense of wear down is wore down.
The past participle of wear down is worn down.
Past simple — wear down in past simple wore down.
Future simple — wear down in future simple wear down. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — wear down in present perfect tense worn down. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — wear down in past perfect tense worn down. (had + V3)
wear down regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is wear down an irregular verb?? wear down is .
Examples of Verb wear down in Sentences
- The little chisel had worn down to a nub by the time he was finished digging (Present Perfect)
- Frequent travel along the route has worn down the vegetation to a permanent footpath (Present Perfect)
- So much use is beginning to wear down the engine (Present Continuous)
- I started wearing down from so much walking around the city (Past Continuous)
- I'm hoping a day running around the beach will wear the kids down a bit (Future Simple)
- I think our horses are wearing down, so we should give them a rest (Present Continuous)
- This hot weather wears me down (Present Simple)
- Finally they wore me down and I told them what they wanted to know (Past Simple)