English verb whisper [ˈwɪspər].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb whisper: Infinitive (whisper), Past Simple - (whispered), Past Participle - (whispered).
Forms of verb whisper in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb whisper in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of whisper.
Three forms of verb whisper
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of whisper?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) whisper in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - whisper. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - whispered. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - whispered. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of whisper?
The past tense of whisper is: whisper in past simple is whispered. and past participle is whispered.
What is the past tense of whisper?
The past tense of whisper is whispered.
The past participle of whisper is whispered.
Past simple — whisper in past simple whispered.
Future simple — whisper in future simple whisper. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — whisper in present perfect tense whispered. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — whisper in past perfect tense whispered. (had + V3)
whisper regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is whisper an irregular verb?? whisper is regular verb.
Examples of Verb whisper in Sentences
- I whispered to my friend that we needed to run and we did (Past Simple)
- Why are they whispering about you? (Present Continuous)
- I think they're dating. They are always whispering sweet nothings to each other (Present Simple)
- I called the police and whispered everything to the person on the other line (Past Simple)
- Let me whisper something to you (Present Simple)
- I tried to whisper that somebody was in our backyard but also loud enough for my dad could hear me (Past Simple)
- I listened to the voicemail the man whispered into the phone: "I am hiding in your house" (Past Simple)
- He was making whispered phone calls he didn't want to tell me about (Past Continuous)
- He looks as if somebody whispers to him what he has to do (Present Simple)
- The fall leaves were whispering in the wind (Past Continuous)