English verb wish [wɪʃ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb wish: Infinitive (wish), Past Simple - (wished), Past Participle - (wished).
Forms of verb wish in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb wish in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wish.
Three forms of verb wish
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of wish?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) wish in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - wish. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - wished. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - wished. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of wish?
The past tense of wish is: wish in past simple is wished. and past participle is wished.
What is the past tense of wish?
The past tense of wish is wished.
The past participle of wish is wished.
Past simple — wish in past simple wished.
Future simple — wish in future simple wish. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — wish in present perfect tense wished. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — wish in past perfect tense wished. (had + V3)
wish regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is wish an irregular verb?? wish is regular verb.
Examples of Verb wish in Sentences
- I wish you both an interesting journey (Present Simple)
- Norma wished to clarify two issues (Past Simple)
- He wished Audrey were with him (Past Simple)
- I wished he would finally get off the line. (Past Simple)
- They wished Sarah were with them. (Past Simple)
- We will wish him a speedy recovery. (Future Simple)
- I wished him luck in his project. (Past Simple)
- I was the only person who wished her a happy birthday. (Past Simple)
- When will they wish me well in my new job? (Future Simple)
- Everything at the party has been arranged as you wished. (Present Perfect)