The English verb 'wish' is pronounced as [wɪʃ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb wish: Infinitive (wish), Past Simple - (wished), Past Participle - (wished).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb wish
👉 Forms of verb wish in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wish.
Wish: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb wish?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'wish'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'wish'
- the first form (V1) is 'wish' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'wished' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'wished' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of wish?
The past tense and past participle of wish are: wish in past simple is wished, and past participle is wished.
What is the past tense of wish?
The past tense of the verb "wish" is "wished", and the past participle is "wished".
Past simple — wish in past simple wished
Future simple — wish in future simple is wish (will + V1).
Present Perfect — wish in present perfect tense is wished (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — wish in past perfect tense is wished (had + V3).
wish regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'wish' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'wish' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb wish in Sentences
- I wish you both an interesting journey (Present Simple)
- Norma wished to clarify two issues (Past Simple)
- He wished Audrey were with him (Past Simple)
- I wished he would finally get off the line. (Past Simple)
- They wished Sarah were with them. (Past Simple)
- We will wish him a speedy recovery. (Future Simple)
- I wished him luck in his project. (Past Simple)
- I was the only person who wished her a happy birthday. (Past Simple)
- When will they wish me well in my new job? (Future Simple)
- Everything at the party has been arranged as you wished. (Present Perfect)