The English verb 'write' is pronounced as [raɪt].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb write: Infinitive (write), Past Simple - (wrote), Past Participle - (written).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb write
👉 Forms of verb write in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of write.
Write: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb write?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'write'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'write'
- the first form (V1) is 'write' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'wrote' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'written' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of write?
The past tense and past participle of write are: write in past simple is wrote, and past participle is written.
What is the past tense of write?
The past tense of the verb "write" is "wrote", and the past participle is "written".
Past simple — write in past simple wrote
Future simple — write in future simple is write (will + V1).
Present Perfect — write in present perfect tense is written (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — write in past perfect tense is written (had + V3).
write regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'write' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'write' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb write in Sentences
- The president himself told me to write
- Every song she wrote was about us (Past Simple)
- Because your uncle Paul has written an entirely new song
- She wrote about everything she saw
- They will write upon arrival
- It's written in our hearts
- I've written two pages today
- All I wanted was to escape to the life he wrote about
- Look what Ella wrote to the seller
- We all know that Tolstoy wrote that story