English verb abandon [ə'bændən].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb abandon: Infinitive (abandon), Past Simple - (abandoned), Past Participle - (abandoned).
Forms of verb abandon in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb abandon in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of abandon.
Three forms of verb abandon
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of abandon?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) abandon in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - abandon. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - abandoned. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - abandoned. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of abandon?
The past tense of abandon is: abandon in past simple is abandoned. and past participle is abandoned.
What is the past tense of abandon?
The past tense of abandon is abandoned.
The past participle of abandon is abandoned.
Past simple — abandon in past simple abandoned.
Future simple — abandon in future simple abandon. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — abandon in present perfect tense abandoned. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — abandon in past perfect tense abandoned. (had + V3)
abandon regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is abandon an irregular verb?? abandon is regular verb.
Examples of Verb abandon in Sentences
- - There he is! - shouted one. - You can't abandon him here, he's the worst! (Past Simple)
- - That would be fine, Master. I don't want to abandon the job I love. (Present Simple)
- My sons are not going to abandon their father, and I am in no hurry to say goodbye to the white world, life is not such a bad thing! (Present Simple)
- The Catholic authorities order the Protestants - more than half of the population - to abandon the city as soon as possible on pain of death, leaving everything they cannot take with them. (Past Simple)
- So much has already been written about him, but I'd like you to see him through my eyes-his birth, his teenage struggles, the way he grew up until he could abandon home. (Present Simple)
- It tells the story of how two men decided to abandon their native village to go to work in the city. (Past Simple)
- Pixar long ago abandoned the task of developing a graphics computer, and it wasn't clear to anyone I talked to what Pixar was working on today. (Past Simple)
- Many people gain weight by driving, not going to the gym or swimming pool, or simply abandoning walking. (Present Simple)
- I abandoned classes and didn't even think I'd ever go back to them. (Past Simple)
- Then he swore that he would either make me row or abandon me, and, getting to me by the banks, he pounced on me. (Past Simple)