The English verb 'communicate' is pronounced as [kə'mju:nɪkeɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb communicate: Infinitive (communicate), Past Simple - (communicated), Past Participle - (communicated).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb communicate
👉 Forms of verb communicate in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of communicate.
Communicate: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb communicate?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'communicate'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'communicate'
- the first form (V1) is 'communicate' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'communicated' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'communicated' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of communicate?
The past tense and past participle of communicate are: communicate in past simple is communicated, and past participle is communicated.
What is the past tense of communicate?
The past tense of the verb "communicate" is "communicated", and the past participle is "communicated".
Past simple — communicate in past simple communicated
Future simple — communicate in future simple is communicate (will + V1).
Present Perfect — communicate in present perfect tense is communicated (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — communicate in past perfect tense is communicated (had + V3).
communicate regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'communicate' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'communicate' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb communicate in Sentences
- Could a computer one day communicate for people who can't speak? (Present Simple)
- All of these questions are great, because they make you think about ways to find and communicate these numbers. (Present Simple)
- People around the world rely on satellite infrastructure every day for information, entertainment and to communicate. (Present Simple)
- It's really useful, but I think email has actually made people a lot more lax in the way they communicate with each other. (Present Simple)
- It may seem strange, but a lot of children say, that their parents don`t want to communicate with them. (Present Simple)
- I believe her language and her style communicated that she didn't believe she had much value to offer. (Past Simple)
- The platforms communicated only via ultra high-speed burst transmissions. (Past Simple)
- I felt the board was not competent enough to judge me- a fact that I communicated to them. (Past Simple)
- She communicated with her cable provider. (Past Simple)
- He communicated his shyness to myself. I could not think what to say, and we sat for a while in painful silence. (Past Simple)