English verb arrest [əˈrest].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb arrest: Infinitive (arrest), Past Simple - (arrested), Past Participle - (arrested).
Forms of verb arrest in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb arrest in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of arrest.
Three forms of verb arrest
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of arrest?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) arrest in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - arrest. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - arrested. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - arrested. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of arrest?
The past tense of arrest is: arrest in past simple is arrested. and past participle is arrested.
What is the past tense of arrest?
The past tense of arrest is arrested.
The past participle of arrest is arrested.
Past simple — arrest in past simple arrested.
Future simple — arrest in future simple arrest. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — arrest in present perfect tense arrested. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — arrest in past perfect tense arrested. (had + V3)
arrest regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is arrest an irregular verb?? arrest is regular verb.
Examples of Verb arrest in Sentences
- She was arrested on 23 November 1979 (Past Simple)
- The police arrested him for theft. (Past Simple)
- This will arrest the rise in expenses. (Future Simple)
- He was arrested so suddenly, that it was a shock to everybody. (Past Simple)
- He was arrested on a charge of murder. (Past Simple)
- Her father was arrested for arson. (Past Simple)
- After he was arrested her life changed. (Past Simple)
- The police arrested the company on drug charges. (Past Simple)
- Four men were arrested in connection with the attack. (Past Simple)
- In Italy he could write freely, without fear of being arrested. (Past Simple)