The English verb 'operate' is pronounced as [ˈɑːpəreɪt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb operate: Infinitive (operate), Past Simple - (operated), Past Participle - (operated).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb operate
👉 Forms of verb operate in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of operate.
Operate: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb operate?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'operate'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'operate'
- the first form (V1) is 'operate' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'operated' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'operated' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of operate?
The past tense and past participle of operate are: operate in past simple is operated, and past participle is operated.
What is the past tense of operate?
The past tense of the verb "operate" is "operated", and the past participle is "operated".
Past simple — operate in past simple operated
Future simple — operate in future simple is operate (will + V1).
Present Perfect — operate in present perfect tense is operated (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — operate in past perfect tense is operated (had + V3).
operate regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'operate' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'operate' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb operate in Sentences
- The interbank system can only operate on the basis of its own operating modules (Present Simple)
- Observation posts of the new government operated in the local territory only last year (Past Simple)
- Do you know how to operate this car? (Present Simple)
- I think this company is operated from Moscow (Present Simple)
- The bus will be designed to operate in all weather conditions. (Future Simple)
- The company operated a large steel production facility. (Past Simple)
- Doctors operated on the patient, but it was not possible to save his life. (Past Simple)
- A kindergarten operates on the territory of the university. (Present Simple)
- This unit can operate at high speeds. (Present Simple)
- We are forced to operate within a very limited budget. (Present Simple)