The English verb 'attribute' is pronounced as [əˈtrɪbjuːt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb attribute: Infinitive (attribute), Past Simple - (attributed), Past Participle - (attributed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb attribute
👉 Forms of verb attribute in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of attribute.
Attribute: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb attribute?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'attribute'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'attribute'
- the first form (V1) is 'attribute' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'attributed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'attributed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of attribute?
The past tense and past participle of attribute are: attribute in past simple is attributed, and past participle is attributed.
What is the past tense of attribute?
The past tense of the verb "attribute" is "attributed", and the past participle is "attributed".
Past simple — attribute in past simple attributed
Future simple — attribute in future simple is attribute (will + V1).
Present Perfect — attribute in present perfect tense is attributed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — attribute in past perfect tense is attributed (had + V3).
attribute regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'attribute' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'attribute' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb attribute in Sentences
- She tried to attribute all the failures to internal problems (Past Simple)
- The group of scientists attributed their success to hard work (Past Simple)
- From the very beginning, Paul has attributed ill intentions to the company (Present Perfect)
- He attributed the change of his behaviour to their marriage. (Past Simple)
- This well-known quotation is attributed to Abraham Lincoln (Present Simple)
- How can you attribute all of those to the same person? (Present Simple)
- Mary attributed her recent weight gain to the medication she was taking. (Past Simple)
- We do not attribute the success of the meeting to the efforts of Spain alone. (Present Simple)
- The statement is attributed to the US government. (Present Simple)
- Much of his success as an actor can be attributed to his personal magnetism. (Present Simple)