English verb resign [rɪˈzʌɪn].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb resign: Infinitive (resign), Past Simple - (Resigned), Past Participle - (Resigned).
Forms of verb resign in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb resign in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of resign.
Three forms of verb resign
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of resign?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) resign in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - resign. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - Resigned. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - Resigned. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of resign?
The past tense of resign is: resign in past simple is Resigned. and past participle is Resigned.
What is the past tense of resign?
The past tense of resign is Resigned.
The past participle of resign is Resigned.
Past simple — resign in past simple Resigned.
Future simple — resign in future simple resign. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — resign in present perfect tense Resigned. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — resign in past perfect tense Resigned. (had + V3)
resign regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is resign an irregular verb?? resign is regular verb.
Examples of Verb resign in Sentences
- She wants you to resign next week (Present Simple)
- The fishman resigned on 20 February 2001. (Past Simple)
- It is not well-paid position, so I resigned (Present Simple)
- He resigned from their team (Past Simple)
- I resign because I don't want to work with him (Present Simple)
- I resigned to his order (Past Simple)
- If you don't resign, I call the police (Present Simple)
- A few moves later Karpov resigned (Past Simple)
- I resigned myself to a long wait in line (Present Simple)
- Wood resigned and will soon joint the team (Past Simple)