The English verb 'award' is pronounced as [əˈwɔːrd].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb award: Infinitive (award), Past Simple - (awarded), Past Participle - (awarded).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb award
👉 Forms of verb award in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of award.
Award: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb award?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'award'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'award'
- the first form (V1) is 'award' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'awarded' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'awarded' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of award?
The past tense and past participle of award are: award in past simple is awarded, and past participle is awarded.
What is the past tense of award?
The past tense of the verb "award" is "awarded", and the past participle is "awarded".
Past simple — award in past simple awarded
Future simple — award in future simple is award (will + V1).
Present Perfect — award in present perfect tense is awarded (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — award in past perfect tense is awarded (had + V3).
award regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'award' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'award' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb award in Sentences
- It awarded $240 000 for these purpose. (Present Simple)
- Our football team were awarded a penalty. (Past Simple)
- Doctors were awarded a 6% pay rise. (Past Simple)
- The judge will award the wife alimony. (Future Simple)
- A free kick was awarded to the team by the referee. (Past Simple)
- The father is awarded custody of the children. (Present Simple)
- My brother was awarded an honorary degree. (Past Simple)
- Jamieson was awarded £30,000 compensation by the court. (Past Simple)
- The judge awarded damages to the victims of the arson. (Past Simple)
- A prize will be awarded to the student who sells the most buscuits. (Future Simple)