The English verb 'bar' is pronounced as [bɑː].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb bar: Infinitive (bar), Past Simple - (barred), Past Participle - (barred).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb bar
👉 Forms of verb bar in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bar.
Bar: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb bar?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'bar'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'bar'
- the first form (V1) is 'bar' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'barred' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'barred' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of bar?
The past tense and past participle of bar are: bar in past simple is barred, and past participle is barred.
What is the past tense of bar?
The past tense of the verb "bar" is "barred", and the past participle is "barred".
Past simple — bar in past simple barred
Future simple — bar in future simple is bar (will + V1).
Present Perfect — bar in present perfect tense is barred (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — bar in past perfect tense is barred (had + V3).
bar regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'bar' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'bar' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb bar in Sentences
- Article 5.19 bars citizens from use of discriminatory stereotypes (Present Simple)
- Monica barred the green door (Past Simple)
- The back way was barred. (Past Simple)
- The way ahead will be barred. (Future Simple)
- He is remain barred from access to higher education. (Present Simple)
- Rwandan women had been barred from inheriting from their husbands or parents. (Past Perfect)
- Universities have completely barred women from attending (Present Perfect)
- Private employers are barred from making polygraphs a condition of employment. (Present Simple)
- It was reported that independent lawyers were barred from representing some of the accused. (Past Simple)
- Such traders should be barred from carrying out any operations with weapons. (Present Simple)