The English verb 'underline' is pronounced as [ˌʌndəˈlaɪn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb underline: Infinitive (underline), Past Simple - (underlined), Past Participle - (underlined).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb underline
👉 Forms of verb underline in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of underline.
Underline: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb underline?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'underline'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'underline'
- the first form (V1) is 'underline' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'underlined' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'underlined' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of underline?
The past tense and past participle of underline are: underline in past simple is underlined, and past participle is underlined.
What is the past tense of underline?
The past tense of the verb "underline" is "underlined", and the past participle is "underlined".
Past simple — underline in past simple underlined
Future simple — underline in future simple is underline (will + V1).
Present Perfect — underline in present perfect tense is underlined (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — underline in past perfect tense is underlined (had + V3).
underline regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'underline' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'underline' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb underline in Sentences
- I want you to underline all the mistakes (Present Simple)
- John underlined that the decision was not made under the charter (Past Simple)
- He underlined the difference between human and artificial intelligence. (Past Simple)
- They underlined their promise to deliver our orders in time (Past Simple)
- We often underline observations that confirm our view of the world. (Present Simple)
- I want to underline differences between our company and our rivals. (Present Simple)
- She underlined advantages of our strategy (Past Simple)
- This word was underlined in the book multiple times. (Past Simple)
- Underline all verbs in the chapter (Present Simple)
- She underlined the importance of this topic with her tone (Past Simple)