English verb beat [bi:t].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb beat: Infinitive (beat), Past Simple - (beat), Past Participle - (beaten).
Forms of verb beat in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb beat in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of beat.
Three forms of verb beat
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of beat?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) beat in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - beat. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - beat. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - beaten. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of beat?
The past tense of beat is: beat in past simple is beat. and past participle is beaten.
What is the past tense of beat?
The past tense of beat is beat.
The past participle of beat is beaten.
Past simple — beat in past simple beat.
Future simple — beat in future simple beat. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — beat in present perfect tense beaten. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — beat in past perfect tense beaten. (had + V3)
beat regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is beat an irregular verb?? beat is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb beat in Sentences
- I know Henry and Paul can't beat me (Present Simple)
- I watched her beat a woman half to death 2 days ago (Past Simple)
- During interrogation Maily was allegedly beaten and threatened (Past Simple)
- If he is not beating you, what is that then? (Present Continuous)
- He always beats me at cards, hate that (Present Simple)
- When he was beating the poor dog I was crying and shouting at him (Past Continuous)
- I've beaten him at last, where is my prize? (Present Perfect)
- They have beaten each other twice and nobody is a winner (Present Perfect)
- She will beat you, don't think she is that weak (Future Simple)
- Will they beat us or just sit and look at us? (Future Simple)