The English verb 'beget' is pronounced as [bɪˈɡet].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb beget: Infinitive (beget), Past Simple - (begot), Past Participle - (begotten).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb beget
👉 Forms of verb beget in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of beget.
Beget: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb beget?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'beget'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'beget'
- the first form (V1) is 'beget' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'begot', 'begat' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'begotten', 'begot' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of beget?
The past tense and past participle of beget are: beget in past simple is begot, begat, and past participle is begotten. begot.
What is the past tense of beget?
The past tense of the verb "beget" is "begot", or "begat", and the past participle is "begotten" or "begot".
Past simple — beget in past simple begot,
Future simple — beget in future simple is beget (will + V1).
Present Perfect — beget in present perfect tense is begotten, begot (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — beget in past perfect tense is begotten, begot (had + V3).
beget regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'beget' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'beget' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb beget in Sentences
- Hunger begets crime (Present Simple)
- He died and didn't beget an heir (Past Simple)
- My phrases often beget weird interpretations (Present Simple)
- Violence cannot beget love (Present Simple)
- Only healthy people beget a healthy nation (Present Simple)
- Anger begets violence and crime (Present Simple)
- Our mothers have begotten in us, their children (Present Perfect)
- The problems that were begotten by the explosion will exist forever (Past Simple)
- Your affairs are begotting problems for us (Present Continuous)
- I begot that chaos and will deal with all of it (Past Simple)