English verb bend [bɛnd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb bend: Infinitive (bend), Past Simple - (bent), Past Participle - (bent).
Forms of verb bend in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb bend in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bend.
Three forms of verb bend
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of bend?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) bend in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - bend. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - bent. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - bent, bended. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of bend?
The past tense of bend is: bend in past simple is bent. and past participle is bent, bended.
What is the past tense of bend?
The past tense of bend is bent.
The past participle of bend is bent or bended.
Past simple — bend in past simple bent.
Future simple — bend in future simple bend. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — bend in present perfect tense bent, bended. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — bend in past perfect tense bent, bended. (had + V3)
bend regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is bend an irregular verb?? bend is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb bend in Sentences
- John bent and kissed her (Past Simple)
- And now destiny bends to my will (Present Simple)
- This stick bends by itself perfectly (Present Simple)
- I bent down and took the leaflets lying on the chair (Past Simple)
- This is bending back toward dark times (Present Continuous)
- This magician has bent those spoons with the power of his mind (Present Perfect)
- We have bent the rules in the name of saving hostages (Present Perfect)
- His behavior bends both fact and law (Present Simple)
- Try not to bend the tops of the trees (Present Simple)
- No one taught Jack to bend fish hooks (Past Simple)