English verb wait [weɪt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb wait: Infinitive (wait), Past Simple - (waited), Past Participle - (waited).
Forms of verb wait in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb wait in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of wait.
Three forms of verb wait
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of wait?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) wait in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - wait. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - waited. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - waited. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of wait?
The past tense of wait is: wait in past simple is waited. and past participle is waited.
What is the past tense of wait?
The past tense of wait is waited.
The past participle of wait is waited.
Past simple — wait in past simple waited.
Future simple — wait in future simple wait. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — wait in present perfect tense waited. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — wait in past perfect tense waited. (had + V3)
wait regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is wait an irregular verb?? wait is regular verb.
Examples of Verb wait in Sentences
- We'll have to wait a bit (Future Simple)
- They waited for me and wanted to receive 250$ (Past Simple)
- He has been waited for us on here many times before (Present Perfect)
- My dog always patiently waits for me from work (Present Simple)
- She has been waiting for him for two hours, what is he thinking? (Present Perfect Continuous)
- Are you waiting for me? (Present Continuous)
- I had waited for pizza, but after decided to eat out (Past Perfect)
- You never wait for me and start eating alone (Present Simple)
- Ok, our business can wait (Present Simple)
- He will wait for you forever (Future Simple)