English verb best [best].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb best: Infinitive (best), Past Simple - (bested), Past Participle - (bested).
Forms of verb best in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb best in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of best.
Three forms of verb best
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of best?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) best in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - best. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - bested. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - bested. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of best?
The past tense of best is: best in past simple is bested. and past participle is bested.
What is the past tense of best?
The past tense of best is bested.
The past participle of best is bested.
Past simple — best in past simple bested.
Future simple — best in future simple best. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — best in present perfect tense bested. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — best in past perfect tense bested. (had + V3)
best regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is best an irregular verb?? best is regular verb.
Examples of Verb best in Sentences
- She needs to best the beast (Present Simple)
- Paul, they bested you, again (Past Simple)
- She finally has bested her sister in cards. (Present Perfect)
- He easily bested one of the most formidable hunters. (Past Simple)
- Either my words are failing me, or the student has indeed bested the teacher. (Present Perfect)
- He will best me with steel. (Future Simple)
- He bested me in a fair fight. (Past Simple)
- You bested me in battle. (Past Simple)
- Samuel Reston bested Fitzgerald Grant in Ohio to become the next President of the United States. (Past Simple)
- Should I remind you that Sarah has just bested many of us? (Present Perfect)