English verb bid [bɪd].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb bid: Infinitive (bid), Past Simple - (bad), Past Participle - (bid).
Forms of verb bid in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb bid in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bid.
Three forms of verb bid
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of bid?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) bid in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - bid. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - bad, bade, bid. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - bid, bidden. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of bid?
The past tense of bid is: bid in past simple is bad, bade, bid. and past participle is bid, bidden.
What is the past tense of bid?
The past tense of bid is bad or
The past participle of bid is bid or bidden.
Past simple — bid in past simple bad,
Future simple — bid in future simple bid. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — bid in present perfect tense bid, bidden. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — bid in past perfect tense bid, bidden. (had + V3)
bid regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is bid an irregular verb?? bid is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb bid in Sentences
- I'd have bid if i'd known it was for sale (Present Perfect)
- You need to behave as you were bid. (Past Simple)
- The king bad us to enter. (Past Simple)
- They did as they were bid. (Past Simple)
- So my lot was bidden. (Past Simple)
- She bade the dog to sit. (Past Simple)
- You can bid whatever you want. (Present Simple)
- The captain has bidden to abandon ship. (Present Perfect)
- Just don't bid me about. (Present Simple)
- The pilot bidded to bomb up. (Past Simple)