The English verb 'bid' is pronounced as [bɪd].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb bid: Infinitive (bid), Past Simple - (bad), Past Participle - (bid).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb bid
👉 Forms of verb bid in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bid.
Bid: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb bid?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'bid'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'bid'
- the first form (V1) is 'bid' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'bad', 'bade', 'bid' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'bid', 'bidden' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of bid?
The past tense and past participle of bid are: bid in past simple is bad, bade, bid, and past participle is bid. bidden.
What is the past tense of bid?
The past tense of the verb "bid" is "bad", or "bade", or "bid", and the past participle is "bid" or "bidden".
Past simple — bid in past simple bad,
Future simple — bid in future simple is bid (will + V1).
Present Perfect — bid in present perfect tense is bid, bidden (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — bid in past perfect tense is bid, bidden (had + V3).
bid regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'bid' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'bid' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb bid in Sentences
- I'd have bid if i'd known it was for sale (Present Perfect)
- You need to behave as you were bid. (Past Simple)
- The king bad us to enter. (Past Simple)
- They did as they were bid. (Past Simple)
- So my lot was bidden. (Past Simple)
- She bade the dog to sit. (Past Simple)
- You can bid whatever you want. (Present Simple)
- The captain has bidden to abandon ship. (Present Perfect)
- Just don't bid me about. (Present Simple)
- The pilot bidded to bomb up. (Past Simple)