English verb belong [bɪˈlɔːŋ].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb belong: Infinitive (belong), Past Simple - (belonged), Past Participle - (belonged).
Forms of verb belong in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb belong in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of belong.
Three forms of verb belong
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of belong?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) belong in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - belong. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - belonged. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - belonged. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of belong?
The past tense of belong is: belong in past simple is belonged. and past participle is belonged.
What is the past tense of belong?
The past tense of belong is belonged.
The past participle of belong is belonged.
Past simple — belong in past simple belonged.
Future simple — belong in future simple belong. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — belong in present perfect tense belonged. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — belong in past perfect tense belonged. (had + V3)
belong regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is belong an irregular verb?? belong is regular verb.
Examples of Verb belong in Sentences
- Paul seems to belong somewhere else. (Present Simple)
- The weapon had belonged to governor. (Past Perfect)
- The uniform is so old-fashioned that it looks like it belonged to a museum collection. (Past Simple)
- Did he belong to a fraternal organization? (Past Simple)
- He didn't want to belong to the class whose business was to order rather than obey. (Past Simple)
- The beautiful statue belonged to the host of the party. (Past Simple)
- The evening belonged to a dance group from Moscow. (Past Simple)
- The book belongs to my father. (Present Simple)
- That van originally belonged to us, but we sold it. (Past Simple)
- We were living here for 15 years, but we never really belonged. (Past Simple)