The English verb 'belong' is pronounced as [bɪˈlɔːŋ].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb belong: Infinitive (belong), Past Simple - (belonged), Past Participle - (belonged).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb belong
👉 Forms of verb belong in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of belong.
Belong: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb belong?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'belong'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'belong'
- the first form (V1) is 'belong' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'belonged' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'belonged' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of belong?
The past tense and past participle of belong are: belong in past simple is belonged, and past participle is belonged.
What is the past tense of belong?
The past tense of the verb "belong" is "belonged", and the past participle is "belonged".
Past simple — belong in past simple belonged
Future simple — belong in future simple is belong (will + V1).
Present Perfect — belong in present perfect tense is belonged (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — belong in past perfect tense is belonged (had + V3).
belong regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'belong' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'belong' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb belong in Sentences
- Paul seems to belong somewhere else. (Present Simple)
- The weapon had belonged to governor. (Past Perfect)
- The uniform is so old-fashioned that it looks like it belonged to a museum collection. (Past Simple)
- Did he belong to a fraternal organization? (Past Simple)
- He didn't want to belong to the class whose business was to order rather than obey. (Past Simple)
- The beautiful statue belonged to the host of the party. (Past Simple)
- The evening belonged to a dance group from Moscow. (Past Simple)
- The book belongs to my father. (Present Simple)
- That van originally belonged to us, but we sold it. (Past Simple)
- We were living here for 15 years, but we never really belonged. (Past Simple)