English verb bite [bʌɪt].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb bite: Infinitive (bite), Past Simple - (bit), Past Participle - (bit).
Forms of verb bite in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb bite in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bite.
Three forms of verb bite
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of bite?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) bite in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - bite. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - bit, bit. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - bit, bitten. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of bite?
The past tense of bite is: bite in past simple is bit, bit. and past participle is bit, bitten.
What is the past tense of bite?
The past tense of bite is bit or
The past participle of bite is bit or bitten.
Past simple — bite in past simple bit,
Future simple — bite in future simple bite. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — bite in present perfect tense bit, bitten. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — bite in past perfect tense bit, bitten. (had + V3)
bite regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is bite an irregular verb?? bite is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb bite in Sentences
- The anchor bit a little at last (Past Simple)
- The ferrets bit the child (Past Simple)
- He had been bitten by 3 wolves (Past Perfect)
- Be careful, he can bite anybody (Present Simple)
- His dog always bites starngers (Present Simple)
- Wild wolves bit him, tried to kill, but he survived (Past Simple)
- It's itchy, because a mosquito has bitten me (Present Perfect)
- A snake had bitten her, after mosquitos and that was awful (Past Perfect)
- I was biting my tongue, because was afraid of saying something stupid (Past Continuous)
- Will you bite him or what? Can't get that strange threat (Future Simple)