English verb see [si:].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb see: Infinitive (see), Past Simple - (saw), Past Participle - (seen).
Forms of verb see in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb see in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of see.
Three forms of verb see
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of see?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) see in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - see. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - saw, saw. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - seen. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of see?
The past tense of see is: see in past simple is saw, saw. and past participle is seen.
What is the past tense of see?
The past tense of see is saw or
The past participle of see is seen.
Past simple — see in past simple saw,
Future simple — see in future simple see. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — see in present perfect tense seen. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — see in past perfect tense seen. (had + V3)
see regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is see an irregular verb?? see is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb see in Sentences
- Nice to see him and her cleaning the room (Present Simple)
- After what we saw 2 days ago, do you feel good? (Past Simple)
- She has seen Brook, and she says he is not angry (Present Perfect)
- Have you ever seen UFO? (Present Perfect)
- Better you see your doctor and get professional advice (Present Simple)
- Did you see that trash bin yesterday? (Past Simple)
- He will never see me again, I can promise that (Future Simple)
- My colleagues saw me in the cinema last week when I supposed to be very sick (Past Simple)
- I'm not seeing that girl, she is my best friend's sister (Present Continuous)
- Will you see her next week? Please, remind her about the payment (Future Simple)