The English verb 'bleed' is pronounced as [bli:d].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb bleed: Infinitive (bleed), Past Simple - (bled), Past Participle - (bled).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb bleed
👉 Forms of verb bleed in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of bleed.
Bleed: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb bleed?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'bleed'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'bleed'
- the first form (V1) is 'bleed' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'bled' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'bled' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of bleed?
The past tense and past participle of bleed are: bleed in past simple is bled, and past participle is bled.
What is the past tense of bleed?
The past tense of the verb "bleed" is "bled", and the past participle is "bled".
Past simple — bleed in past simple bled
Future simple — bleed in future simple is bleed (will + V1).
Present Perfect — bleed in present perfect tense is bled (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — bleed in past perfect tense is bled (had + V3).
bleed regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'bleed' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'bleed' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb bleed in Sentences
- She bit her tongue until it bled (Past Simple)
- We bled for our families (Past Simple)
- If somebody bleeds, I immediately help, call the doctor (Present Simple)
- A split forehead bleeds a lot (Present Simple)
- It's bleeding because I hadn't seen that nail and injured the finger (Present Continuous)
- My nose is bleeding, don't you want to help? (Present Continuous)
- She was bleeding while her parents were trying to call 911 (Past Continuous)
- Don't freak out, but it will bleed a little (Future Simple)
- Follow doctor's instuctions or you will bleed to death (Future Simple)
- Probably this animal is bleeding on the inside (Present Continuous)