The English verb 'box' is pronounced as [bɒks].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb box: Infinitive (box), Past Simple - (boxed), Past Participle - (boxed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb box
👉 Forms of verb box in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of box.
Box: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb box?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'box'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'box'
- the first form (V1) is 'box' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'boxed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'boxed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of box?
The past tense and past participle of box are: box in past simple is boxed, and past participle is boxed.
What is the past tense of box?
The past tense of the verb "box" is "boxed", and the past participle is "boxed".
Past simple — box in past simple boxed
Future simple — box in future simple is box (will + V1).
Present Perfect — box in present perfect tense is boxed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — box in past perfect tense is boxed (had + V3).
box regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'box' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'box' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb box in Sentences
- Your uncle Paul will teach you to box (Future Simple)
- I boxed a lot when I was younger (Past Simple)
- How did you know she boxed? (Past Simple)
- The restaurant boxed the leftover cake for us to take home (Past Simple)
- The waitress will box the other half of the pizza for you to take away (Future Simple)
- Laura and Linda boxed their horses (Past Simple)
- He looked at the kids. They were boxing each other (Past Continuous)
- In the parking area, her car was boxed in by another car (Past Simple)
- The champion has boxed just one since then (Present Perfect)
- We box at a gym (Present Simple)