The English verb 'shape' is pronounced as [ʃeɪp].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb shape: Infinitive (shape), Past Simple - (shaped), Past Participle - (shaped).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb shape
👉 Forms of verb shape in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of shape.
Shape: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb shape?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'shape'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'shape'
- the first form (V1) is 'shape' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'shaped' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'shaped' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of shape?
The past tense and past participle of shape are: shape in past simple is shaped, and past participle is shaped.
What is the past tense of shape?
The past tense of the verb "shape" is "shaped", and the past participle is "shaped".
Past simple — shape in past simple shaped
Future simple — shape in future simple is shape (will + V1).
Present Perfect — shape in present perfect tense is shaped (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — shape in past perfect tense is shaped (had + V3).
shape regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'shape' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'shape' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb shape in Sentences
- They had a big argument over how to shape this block (Past Simple)
- We have shaped it in your style (Present Perfect)
- Paul had shaped it in his own style before she came (Past Perfect)
- I like to shape figures out of wood — вырезать фигуру из дерева (Present Simple)
- They shape a plan (Present Simple)
- She shaped his drafts into a book (Past Simple)
- His daughter is shaping quickly (Present Continuous)
- The suit was shaped to his figure (Past Simple)
- The emperor will shape their destiny (Future Simple)
- The parliament shaped the policy (Past Simple)