The English verb 'brake' is pronounced as [breɪk].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb brake: Infinitive (brake), Past Simple - (braked), Past Participle - (braked).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb brake
👉 Forms of verb brake in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of brake.
Brake: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb brake?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'brake'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'brake'
- the first form (V1) is 'brake' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'braked' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'braked' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of brake?
The past tense and past participle of brake are: brake in past simple is braked, and past participle is braked.
What is the past tense of brake?
The past tense of the verb "brake" is "braked", and the past participle is "braked".
Past simple — brake in past simple braked
Future simple — brake in future simple is brake (will + V1).
Present Perfect — brake in present perfect tense is braked (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — brake in past perfect tense is braked (had + V3).
brake regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'brake' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'brake' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb brake in Sentences
- They braked and hit the door (Past Simple)
- He has braked sharply to avoid the dog. (Present Perfect)
- Lucky for us, I braked in time. (Past Simple)
- My dad braked the car sharply when someone pulled out in front of us. (Past Simple)
- He has braked and slipped purposefully out of the car. (Present Perfect)
- They crashed into us when you braked. (Past Simple)
- What if I hadn't braked? (Past Perfect)
- I'm sure you wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't braked sharply! (Past Perfect)
- The vehicle is braked to a complete stop within sixty seconds. (Present Simple)
- So I braked ... and jumped. (Past Simple)