English verb break [breɪk].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb break: Infinitive (break), Past Simple - (broke), Past Participle - (broken).
Forms of verb break in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb break in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of break.
Three forms of verb break
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of break?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) break in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - break. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - broke, broke. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - broken. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of break?
The past tense of break is: break in past simple is broke, broke. and past participle is broken.
What is the past tense of break?
The past tense of break is broke or
The past participle of break is broken.
Past simple — break in past simple broke,
Future simple — break in future simple break. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — break in present perfect tense broken. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — break in past perfect tense broken. (had + V3)
break regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is break an irregular verb?? break is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb break in Sentences
- We broke her car (Past Simple)
- We can't break the wall (Present Simple)
- He broke his arm and leg yesterday evening (Past Simple)
- It breaks my heart that you're leaving (Present Simple)
- Your nasty cat broke my vase into pieces (Past Simple)
- Someone broke into my house last night (Past Simple)
- I will break your glasses, nerd (Future Simple)
- You broke her heart, I broke her mind. (Past Simple)
- He broke his arm playing soccer. (Past Simple)
- You broke her neck without realizing it. (Past Simple)