The English verb 'build' is pronounced as [bɪld].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb build: Infinitive (build), Past Simple - (built), Past Participle - (built).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb build
👉 Forms of verb build in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of build.
Build: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb build?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'build'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'build'
- the first form (V1) is 'build' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'built' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'built' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of build?
The past tense and past participle of build are: build in past simple is built, and past participle is built.
What is the past tense of build?
The past tense of the verb "build" is "built", and the past participle is "built".
Past simple — build in past simple built
Future simple — build in future simple is build (will + V1).
Present Perfect — build in present perfect tense is built (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — build in past perfect tense is built (had + V3).
build regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'build' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'build' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb build in Sentences
- The region was built up with new townhouses (Past Simple)
- We're building a greenhouse this month (Present Continuous)
- This company always builds beautiful and safe houses (Present Simple)
- My father used to build tree houses for all our neighbours (Past Simple)
- I've never built healthy relationships (Present Perfect)
- Our family has been building our house for five years (Present Perfect Continuous)
- He was building sandcatles yesterday (Past Continuous)
- The advocate built a strong case (Past Simple)
- We will build a society where everybody is happy (Future Simple)
- The workshop will be built on recent statistical data (Future Simple)