English verb get [get].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb get: Infinitive (get), Past Simple - (got), Past Participle - (gotten).
Forms of verb get in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb get in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of get.
Three forms of verb get
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of get?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) get in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - get. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - got. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - gotten, got. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of get?
The past tense of get is: get in past simple is got. and past participle is gotten, got.
What is the past tense of get?
The past tense of get is got.
The past participle of get is gotten or got.
Past simple — get in past simple got.
Future simple — get in future simple get. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — get in present perfect tense gotten, got. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — get in past perfect tense gotten, got. (had + V3)
get regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is get an irregular verb?? get is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb get in Sentences
- She definitely wanted to get stolen (Past Simple)
- Every man and animal has got a breaking point (Present Perfect)
- She still thinks we should have gotten their numbers (Present Perfect)
- We are getting married, isn't that the real happiness? (Present Continuous)
- You always get whatever you want and your friend is left with nothing (Present Simple)
- Will you get some water for me? (Future Simple)
- It's impossible to get up early after working 12 hours (Present Simple)
- I've got a new job at last (Present Perfect)
- They will get everything they paid for (Future Simple)
- We have gotten some information on that case (Present Perfect)