English verb calm [kɑːm].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb calm: Infinitive (calm), Past Simple - (calmed), Past Participle - (calmed).
Forms of verb calm in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb calm in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of calm.
Three forms of verb calm
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of calm?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) calm in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - calm. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - calmed. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - calmed. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of calm?
The past tense of calm is: calm in past simple is calmed. and past participle is calmed.
What is the past tense of calm?
The past tense of calm is calmed.
The past participle of calm is calmed.
Past simple — calm in past simple calmed.
Future simple — calm in future simple calm. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — calm in present perfect tense calmed. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — calm in past perfect tense calmed. (had + V3)
calm regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is calm an irregular verb?? calm is regular verb.
Examples of Verb calm in Sentences
- We have to calm new puppies and kittens. (Present Simple)
- Achieved results calmed most owners. (Past Simple)
- Thank God, he calmed down as he got older. (Past Simple)
- An hour later Wyatt had finally calmed down. (Past Perfect)
- His patience calmed those around him. (Past Simple)
- Books are an addiction, that is rarely calmed in adult age. (Past Simple)
- Calm down, Caspar, he was only joking. (Past Continuous)
- Can you calm down and tell me what happened? (Present Simple)
- It took months for things to calm down after that accident. (Present Simple)
- She has a habit to lit a cigarette to calm herself down. (Present Simple)