English verb catch [kætʃ].
Relate to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb catch: Infinitive (catch), Past Simple - (caught), Past Participle - (caught).
Forms of verb catch in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb catch in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of catch.
Three forms of verb catch
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of catch?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) catch in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - catch. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - caught. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - caught. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of catch?
The past tense of catch is: catch in past simple is caught. and past participle is caught.
What is the past tense of catch?
The past tense of catch is caught.
The past participle of catch is caught.
Past simple — catch in past simple caught.
Future simple — catch in future simple catch. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — catch in present perfect tense caught. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — catch in past perfect tense caught. (had + V3)
catch regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is catch an irregular verb?? catch is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb catch in Sentences
- I didn't catch your last word (Past Simple)
- He caught a coronavirus from his cousin (Past Simple)
- We caught a strange animal that bothered us all day (Past Simple)
- You're catching my ball, stop doing that! (Present Continuous)
- I caught the mug before it hit the ground (Past Simple)
- We caught a flight at 8.15 (Past Simple)
- You can catch a taxi from there (Present Simple)
- Can we catch this ship anywhere else? (Present Simple)
- I caught a squirrel working in the park this morning (Past Simple)
- We couldn't have caught a virus while we were inside (Present Perfect)