The English verb 'send' is pronounced as [sɛnd].
Related to: irregular verbs.
3 forms of verb send: Infinitive (send), Past Simple - (sent), Past Participle - (sent).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb send
👉 Forms of verb send in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of send.
Send: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb send?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'send'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'send'
- the first form (V1) is 'send' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'sent' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'sent' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of send?
The past tense and past participle of send are: send in past simple is sent, and past participle is sent.
What is the past tense of send?
The past tense of the verb "send" is "sent", and the past participle is "sent".
Past simple — send in past simple sent
Future simple — send in future simple is send (will + V1).
Present Perfect — send in present perfect tense is sent (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — send in past perfect tense is sent (had + V3).
send regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'send' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'send' is irregular verb.
Examples of Verb send in Sentences
- Send it by train (Present Simple)
- She sent us downstairs (Past Simple)
- His children were sent to prison last week (Past Simple)
- I can't send all the arms you request (Present Simple)
- You can send your men after Giuliano, wherever he is (Present Simple)
- Please send me your latest catalogue (Present Simple)
- I sent a telegram about 20 minutes ago (Past Simple)
- He was furious when we sent him packing (Past Simple)
- She will send you to school to be a Geisha (Future Simple)
- I will send those revelers home (Future Simple)