English verb check [ˈtʃɛk].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb check: Infinitive (check), Past Simple - (checked), Past Participle - (checked).
Forms of verb check in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb check in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of check.
Three forms of verb check
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of check?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) check in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - check. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - checked. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - checked. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of check?
The past tense of check is: check in past simple is checked. and past participle is checked.
What is the past tense of check?
The past tense of check is checked.
The past participle of check is checked.
Past simple — check in past simple checked.
Future simple — check in future simple check. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — check in present perfect tense checked. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — check in past perfect tense checked. (had + V3)
check regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is check an irregular verb?? check is regular verb.
Examples of Verb check in Sentences
- She's not here. Did you check the bathroom? (Past Simple)
- I checked everywhere. I can't find her (Past Simple)
- She is upstairs, checking on the baby every ten minutes
- They checked the exterior perimeter of my house before knocking on the front door (Past Simple)
- I went through the entirety of the house with the gun in hand to check if anyone had hidden anywhere (Past Simple)
- I checked my pockets to see if I had dropped the house key, but it was still on my jacket (Past Simple)
- I checked my phone and of course I had no service (Past Simple)
- The teacher is checking the children’s names off (Present Continuous)
- She will check their ardor (Future Simple)
- I was about to answer but checked myself when I saw the teacher's expression (Past Simple)