The English verb 'chop up' is pronounced as [ʧɒp ʌp].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb chop up: Infinitive (chop up), Past Simple - (chopped up), Past Participle - (chopped up).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb chop up
👉 Forms of verb chop up in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of chop up.
Chop up: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|chop up [ʧɒp ʌp]||
chopped up [ʧɒpt ʌp]
chopped up [ʧɒpt ʌp]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb chop up?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'chop up'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'chop up'
- the first form (V1) is 'chop up' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'chopped up' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'chopped up' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of chop up?
The past tense and past participle of chop up are: chop up in past simple is chopped up, and past participle is chopped up.
What is the past tense of chop up?
The past tense of the verb "chop up" is "chopped up", and the past participle is "chopped up".
Past simple — chop up in past simple chopped up
Future simple — chop up in future simple is chop up (will + V1).
Present Perfect — chop up in present perfect tense is chopped up (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — chop up in past perfect tense is chopped up (had + V3).
chop up regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'chop up' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'chop up' is .
Examples of Verb chop up in Sentences
- You will chop up potatoes very fast (Future Simple)
- Chop up some onions and mix it in with the meat (Present Simple)
- I'll chop up any vegetables (Future Simple)
- Сhop it up with some potatoes and some onions (Present Simple)
- Sara chopped up the nuts and added them to the cookie dough (Past Simple)
- John chopped the onion up for the stew (Past Simple)
- Chop up the fruit and mix with the syrup to make a compote (Present Simple)
- In the meantime chop up the rosemary and add to the pan (Present Simple)