English verb mutter [ˈmʌtər].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb mutter: Infinitive (mutter), Past Simple - (muttered), Past Participle - (muttered).
Forms of verb mutter in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb mutter in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of mutter.
Three forms of verb mutter
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of mutter?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) mutter in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - mutter. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - muttered. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - muttered. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of mutter?
The past tense of mutter is: mutter in past simple is muttered. and past participle is muttered.
What is the past tense of mutter?
The past tense of mutter is muttered.
The past participle of mutter is muttered.
Past simple — mutter in past simple muttered.
Future simple — mutter in future simple mutter. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — mutter in present perfect tense muttered. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — mutter in past perfect tense muttered. (had + V3)
mutter regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is mutter an irregular verb?? mutter is regular verb.
Examples of Verb mutter in Sentences
- She has always muttered about her mother (Present Perfect)
- He made a muttered apology (Past Simple)
- Steve muttered something unintelligible. (Past Simple)
- Work on your speech, you always mutter (Present Simple)
- She should speak out loud and bold, not mutter quietly (Present Simple)
- Bill muttered something about his bad luck. (Past Simple)
- He muttered something but I didn't understand anything (Past Simple)
- 'He's such an arrogant man,' Olivia muttered under her breath. (Past Simple)
- Alice muttered something indistinct (Past Simple)
- Elon muttered something about his unhappy childhood (Past Simple)