The English verb 'mutter' is pronounced as [ˈmʌtər].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb mutter: Infinitive (mutter), Past Simple - (muttered), Past Participle - (muttered).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb mutter
👉 Forms of verb mutter in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of mutter.
Mutter: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb mutter?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'mutter'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'mutter'
- the first form (V1) is 'mutter' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'muttered' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'muttered' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of mutter?
The past tense and past participle of mutter are: mutter in past simple is muttered, and past participle is muttered.
What is the past tense of mutter?
The past tense of the verb "mutter" is "muttered", and the past participle is "muttered".
Past simple — mutter in past simple muttered
Future simple — mutter in future simple is mutter (will + V1).
Present Perfect — mutter in present perfect tense is muttered (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — mutter in past perfect tense is muttered (had + V3).
mutter regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'mutter' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'mutter' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb mutter in Sentences
- She has always muttered about her mother (Present Perfect)
- He made a muttered apology (Past Simple)
- Steve muttered something unintelligible. (Past Simple)
- Work on your speech, you always mutter (Present Simple)
- She should speak out loud and bold, not mutter quietly (Present Simple)
- Bill muttered something about his bad luck. (Past Simple)
- He muttered something but I didn't understand anything (Past Simple)
- 'He's such an arrogant man,' Olivia muttered under her breath. (Past Simple)
- Alice muttered something indistinct (Past Simple)
- Elon muttered something about his unhappy childhood (Past Simple)