The English verb 'clear' is pronounced as [klɪr].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb clear: Infinitive (clear), Past Simple - (cleared), Past Participle - (cleared).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb clear
👉 Forms of verb clear in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of clear.
Clear: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb clear?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'clear'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'clear'
- the first form (V1) is 'clear' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'cleared' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'cleared' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of clear?
The past tense and past participle of clear are: clear in past simple is cleared, and past participle is cleared.
What is the past tense of clear?
The past tense of the verb "clear" is "cleared", and the past participle is "cleared".
Past simple — clear in past simple cleared
Future simple — clear in future simple is clear (will + V1).
Present Perfect — clear in present perfect tense is cleared (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — clear in past perfect tense is cleared (had + V3).
clear regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'clear' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'clear' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb clear in Sentences
- Most of the teams were cleared of criminal liability (Past Simple)
- The sky cleared at last. (Past Simple)
- The company cleared £100000. (Past Simple)
- Lucy cleared space on her desk to start painting. (Past Simple)
- After the cars have cleared the road, you can now move forward. (Present Perfect)
- Master cleared his throat to get our attention. (Past Simple)
- Josh cleared his throat before starting his report. (Past Simple)
- The rash finally cleared when I started taking the pills. (Past Simple)
- After the thunderstorm, the sky cleared and we went outside to play. (Past Simple)
- The track was cleared of debris after the accident. (Past Simple)