The English verb 'iron' is pronounced as [ˈaɪərn].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb iron: Infinitive (iron), Past Simple - (ironed), Past Participle - (ironed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb iron
👉 Forms of verb iron in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of iron.
Iron: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb iron?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'iron'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'iron'
- the first form (V1) is 'iron' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'ironed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'ironed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of iron?
The past tense and past participle of iron are: iron in past simple is ironed, and past participle is ironed.
What is the past tense of iron?
The past tense of the verb "iron" is "ironed", and the past participle is "ironed".
Past simple — iron in past simple ironed
Future simple — iron in future simple is iron (will + V1).
Present Perfect — iron in present perfect tense is ironed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — iron in past perfect tense is ironed (had + V3).
iron regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'iron' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'iron' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb iron in Sentences
- We ironed it 2 weeks ago (Past Simple)
- I have ironed your suit last night (Present Perfect)
- She irons his t-shirts every day (Present Simple)
- His shirt is already ironed (Present Simple)
- Have you ironed my shirt? (Present Perfect)
- The president must iron out disagreements between the Senate and the Congress. (Present Simple)
- You better learn how to iron (Present Simple)
- I need to iron my shirt that I'm wearing for my date (Present Simple)
- It would take her all day to iron that coat. (Present Simple)
- She forgot to iron my underwear (Past Simple)