English verb coat [koʊt].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb coat: Infinitive (coat), Past Simple - (coated), Past Participle - (coated).
Forms of verb coat in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb coat in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of coat.
Three forms of verb coat
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of coat?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) coat in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - coat. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - coated. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - coated. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of coat?
The past tense of coat is: coat in past simple is coated. and past participle is coated.
What is the past tense of coat?
The past tense of coat is coated.
The past participle of coat is coated.
Past simple — coat in past simple coated.
Future simple — coat in future simple coat. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — coat in present perfect tense coated. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — coat in past perfect tense coated. (had + V3)
coat regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is coat an irregular verb?? coat is regular verb.
Examples of Verb coat in Sentences
- He coats them in fluoride (Present Simple)
- It was coated in oil (Past Simple)
- The steps of the staircase were covered with ice. (Past Simple)
- The trees were covered with a layer of snow. (Past Simple)
- The table was covered with a thin layer of dust. (Past Simple)
- Her face is covered in mud. (Present Simple)
- His hair was covered in stone dust. (Past Simple)
- The sea surface is covered with a thin film of untreated waste. (Present Simple)
- The windows were covered in mud. (Past Simple)
- My shoes are coated with mud. (Present Simple)