The English verb 'take back' is pronounced as [teɪk bæk].
Related to: phrasal verb.
3 forms of verb take back: Infinitive (take back), Past Simple - (took back), Past Participle - (taken back).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb take back
👉 Forms of verb take back in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of take back.
Take back: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
|take back [teɪk bæk]||
took back [tʊk bæk]
taken back [teɪkən bæk]
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb take back?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'take back'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'take back'
- the first form (V1) is 'take back' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'took back' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'taken back' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of take back?
The past tense and past participle of take back are: take back in past simple is took back, and past participle is taken back.
What is the past tense of take back?
The past tense of the verb "take back" is "took back", and the past participle is "taken back".
Past simple — take back in past simple took back
Future simple — take back in future simple is take back (will + V1).
Present Perfect — take back in present perfect tense is taken back (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — take back in past perfect tense is taken back (had + V3).
take back regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'take back' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'take back' is .
Examples of Verb take back in Sentences
- I've got to take back this ring (Present Simple)
- The luggage that we couldn't take back because it was monogrammed (Past Simple)
- We should take back what they've stolen (Present Simple)
- Why don't you take back the couch you gave me? (Present Simple)
- He'll take back with his king, and you've got him (Future Simple)
- We'll find our way into the city, and take back our lost equipment (Future Simple)
- She's scared you take back money (Present Perfect)
- The year we took back what was ours (Past Simple)