The English verb 'collect' is pronounced as [kəˈlekt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb collect: Infinitive (collect), Past Simple - (collected), Past Participle - (collected).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb collect
👉 Forms of verb collect in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of collect.
Collect: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb collect?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'collect'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'collect'
- the first form (V1) is 'collect' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'collected' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'collected' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of collect?
The past tense and past participle of collect are: collect in past simple is collected, and past participle is collected.
What is the past tense of collect?
The past tense of the verb "collect" is "collected", and the past participle is "collected".
Past simple — collect in past simple collected
Future simple — collect in future simple is collect (will + V1).
Present Perfect — collect in present perfect tense is collected (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — collect in past perfect tense is collected (had + V3).
collect regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'collect' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'collect' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb collect in Sentences
- The governor is trying to collect the rent. (Present Continuous)
- They collected sand samples from these areas. (Past Simple)
- Local authorities have collected data from 270 enterprises. (Present Perfect)
- The barman collected empty bottles. (Past Simple)
- We were collecting shells at the beach. (Past Continuous)
- He has been collecting pottery for years. (Present Perfect Continuous)
- They collected mushrooms in the forest. (Past Simple)
- They collect information about the school. (Present Simple)
- He collected toy cars and traded them with the other boys. (Past Simple)
- The money collected will be spent on children's needs. (Future Simple)