English verb command [kəˈmɑːnd].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb command: Infinitive (command), Past Simple - (commanded), Past Participle - (commanded).
Forms of verb command in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb command in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of command.
Three forms of verb command
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of command?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) command in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - command. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - commanded. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - commanded. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of command?
The past tense of command is: command in past simple is commanded. and past participle is commanded.
What is the past tense of command?
The past tense of command is commanded.
The past participle of command is commanded.
Past simple — command in past simple commanded.
Future simple — command in future simple command. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — command in present perfect tense commanded. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — command in past perfect tense commanded. (had + V3)
command regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is command an irregular verb?? command is regular verb.
Examples of Verb command in Sentences
- She wants you to order the team to sail. (Present Simple)
- He commanded the 4th mechanized brigade. (Past Simple)
- He has commanded us to leave the room. (Present Perfect)
- We were commanded to stand in line. (Past Simple)
- Generals have to command a huge army during the war. (Present Simple)
- She commanded to immediately stop work on the bridge. (Past Simple)
- The teacher commanded everyone to get up. (Past Simple)
- The chairman commanded the seats to be cleared for the public. (Past Simple)
- The captain will command to the crew to report to the main deck. (Future Simple)
- The guard captain commanded each sentry to sound off. (Past Simple)