The English verb 'confirm' is pronounced as [kənˈfɜːrm].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb confirm: Infinitive (confirm), Past Simple - (confirmed), Past Participle - (confirmed).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb confirm
👉 Forms of verb confirm in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of confirm.
Confirm: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb confirm?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'confirm'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'confirm'
- the first form (V1) is 'confirm' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'confirmed' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'confirmed' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of confirm?
The past tense and past participle of confirm are: confirm in past simple is confirmed, and past participle is confirmed.
What is the past tense of confirm?
The past tense of the verb "confirm" is "confirmed", and the past participle is "confirmed".
Past simple — confirm in past simple confirmed
Future simple — confirm in future simple is confirm (will + V1).
Present Perfect — confirm in present perfect tense is confirmed (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — confirm in past perfect tense is confirmed (had + V3).
confirm regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'confirm' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'confirm' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb confirm in Sentences
- The committee cannot confirm or refute that report. (Present Simple)
- He confirmed only our basic assumptions. (Past Simple)
- Unfortunately, my worst suspicions were confirmed. (Past Simple)
- The witnesses confirmed the victim's words. (Past Simple)
- Sarah confirmed that the money had been paid. (Past Perfect)
- He was confirmed in his position as headmaster. (Past Simple)
- Ten boys were confirmed in the Christian Church yesterday. (Past Simple)
- I am afraid that the doctor's diagnosis will confirm our worst fears. (Future Simple)
- The award confirmed his status as one of the great movie actors. (Past Simple)
- Experts have confirmed that the signature on the document is authentic. (Present Perfect)