The English verb 'consist' is pronounced as [kənˈsɪst].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb consist: Infinitive (consist), Past Simple - (consisted), Past Participle - (consisted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb consist
👉 Forms of verb consist in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of consist.
Consist: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb consist?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'consist'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'consist'
- the first form (V1) is 'consist' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'consisted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'consisted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of consist?
The past tense and past participle of consist are: consist in past simple is consisted, and past participle is consisted.
What is the past tense of consist?
The past tense of the verb "consist" is "consisted", and the past participle is "consisted".
Past simple — consist in past simple consisted
Future simple — consist in future simple is consist (will + V1).
Present Perfect — consist in present perfect tense is consisted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — consist in past perfect tense is consisted (had + V3).
consist regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'consist' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'consist' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb consist in Sentences
- The series consists of 30 short programmes. (Present Simple)
- The army have been consisted of local people. (Present Perfect)
- The letter consisted of two short lines. (Past Simple)
- The cake always consists of flour, butter, eggs and sugar. (Present Simple)
- Our homework consisted of ten equations to solve. (Past Simple)
- The buffet consisted of several different Italian dishes. (Past Simple)
- Breakfast consisted of a cup of milk and an omelette. (Past Simple)
- My main job consists of cleaning and maintaining the building. (Present Simple)
- The structure of the building consisted of a series of arches. (Past Simple)
- The reward consisted in three thousand dollars. (Past Simple)