English verb contain [kənˈteɪn].
Relate to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb contain: Infinitive (contain), Past Simple - (contained), Past Participle - (contained).
Forms of verb contain in past tenses
👉 Forms of verb contain in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of contain.
Three forms of verb contain
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What is 2nd and 3rd form of contain?
🎓 Base Form (Infinitive) contain in Past Simple, Future Simple, Present Perfect, Past Perfect, Future Perfect?
- First form (V1) - contain. (Present simple, Future Simple)
- Second form (V2) - contained. (Past simple)
- Third form (V3) - contained. (Present perfect, Past perfect)
What are the past tense and past participle of contain?
The past tense of contain is: contain in past simple is contained. and past participle is contained.
What is the past tense of contain?
The past tense of contain is contained.
The past participle of contain is contained.
Past simple — contain in past simple contained.
Future simple — contain in future simple contain. (will + V1)
Present Perfect — contain in present perfect tense contained. (have\has + V3)
Past Perfect — contain in past perfect tense contained. (had + V3)
contain regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is contain an irregular verb?? contain is regular verb.
Examples of Verb contain in Sentences
- The data may contain wrong lines. (Present Simple)
- These books contained a lot of useful recommendations. (Past Simple)
- This agreement has contained the number of poor people. (Present Perfect)
- This book contained the opening letter of the author. (Past Simple)
- The movie contained some awkward scenes. (Past Simple)
- Why do her words contain an implicit threat? (Present Simple)
- Even though the report contained a number of factual errors, it was well-written. (Past Simple)
- The caves contain many prehistoric artifacts. (Present Simple)
- The changes are contained in a statement. (Present Simple)
- The book contains over 100 recipes. (Present Simple)