The English verb 'convert' is pronounced as [kənˈvɜːrt].
Related to: regular verbs.
3 forms of verb convert: Infinitive (convert), Past Simple - (converted), Past Participle - (converted).
Here are the past tense forms of the verb convert
👉 Forms of verb convert in future and past simple and past participle.
❓ What is the past tense of convert.
Convert: Past, Present, and Participle Forms
|Base Form||Past Simple||Past Participle|
What are the 2nd and 3rd forms of the verb convert?
🎓 What are the past simple, future simple, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect forms of the base form (infinitive) 'convert'?
Learn the three forms of the English verb 'convert'
- the first form (V1) is 'convert' used in present simple and future simple tenses.
- the second form (V2) is 'converted' used in past simple tense.
- the third form (V3) is 'converted' used in present perfect and past perfect tenses.
What are the past tense and past participle of convert?
The past tense and past participle of convert are: convert in past simple is converted, and past participle is converted.
What is the past tense of convert?
The past tense of the verb "convert" is "converted", and the past participle is "converted".
Past simple — convert in past simple converted
Future simple — convert in future simple is convert (will + V1).
Present Perfect — convert in present perfect tense is converted (have/has + V3).
Past Perfect — convert in past perfect tense is converted (had + V3).
convert regular or irregular verb?
👉 Is 'convert' a regular or irregular verb? The verb 'convert' is regular verb.
Examples of Verb convert in Sentences
- He can convert many people to Christianity. (Present Simple)
- We converted 2 flats into an office. (Past Simple)
- 15 servers were converted to virtual machines last week. (Past Simple)
- How much does it cost today to convert rubles into dollars? (Present Simple)
- I succeeded in converting my teacher to my point of view. (Past Simple)
- They converted the spare bedroom into a cinema. (Past Simple)
- I had a chance to score but I couldn't convert. (Past Simple)
- He hoped to convert his party members to a belief in communism. (Past Simple)
- Will it convert the energy of the nuclear reactor into microwaves? (Future Simple)
- We will convert this old house into a modern one. (Future Simple)